Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathie Kathie is offline

Default How do I upgrade to office 2003?

Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me how to
upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free upgrade or do I
have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I thought once you purchased
the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock
--
I don''t trouble trouble til'' trouble troubles me
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Updates are free, but Word 2003 is a newer application and for that you will
have to pay.
It is worth noting that Office 2007 is the current version.

Kathie wrote:
Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me how
to upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free
upgrade or do I have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I
thought once you purchased the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathie Kathie is offline

Thank you for the quick response and for pointing out that Office 2007 is the
current version. Do I pay for that? lol
--

Kathie wrote:
Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me how
to upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free
upgrade or do I have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I
thought once you purchased the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You certainly do - though there is a working trial that lasts 60 days, that
you can download. You can install it alongside Word 2000 to see if you like
it. (Don't install Outlook unless you intend to buy it).

Kathie wrote:
Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me
how to upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free
upgrade or do I have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I
thought once you purchased the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathie Kathie is offline

Once again - Thank you.
As stated at the beginning, I am totally computer iliterate. I bought my
puter from
a retail store and it came with Windows XP already installed; no disks!!! I
have Office 2000 Professional from before which I installed and it is this
version that I am wondering if there is a "free" update to. Sometimes I
think I am talking apples and oranges.

Kathie wrote:
Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me
how to upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free
upgrade or do I have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I
thought once you purchased the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Thare are updates, which are free, and upgrades, which are not. Updates
merely fix things within the same version. Updates add bells and whistles.

There are updates available on Microsoft's site.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Kathie wrote:
Hello all: I have tried desperately to find something to show me
how to upgrade to Word 2003. I presently have 2000. Is this a free
upgrade or do I have to buy? I apologize for my stupidity, but I
thought once you purchased the program, the upgrades were free.

Thank you.

shamrock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is Microsoft still supplying updates for 2000? I thought they had hung up
the towel on that one?