Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybalint gybalint is offline

Default Insert different header every 4th page

Hello!

I'd like to insert header into a document, but only from the 2nd page (I
don't need header at the first page), and I need different header per 4pages.
So I'd like to skip the first page, then the page 2-5 need header, but from
6-10pages I'd like to change the header's content, and so on among the 10 to
14 pages etc.

I've heard I should insert section breaks, but Header and Footer application
don't make any different after I insert the section breaks, so now I need
suggestions!

Best regards!
Balint Gy.
Hungary
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, you need to insert a section break after each fourth page. The
other thing you need to do is to open the header on the next page
after the break, and click the Same As Previous button on the Header
toolbar to break the link to the header of the preceding section. Then
each section can have a different header (you need to make the changes
manually).

In the first section, you should go to File Page Setup Layout and
check the box for "Different first page", make sure the "Apply to" box
says "This section only", and click OK. That will give an empty header
on the first page of the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:38:02 -0800, gybalint
wrote:

Hello!

I'd like to insert header into a document, but only from the 2nd page (I
don't need header at the first page), and I need different header per 4pages.
So I'd like to skip the first page, then the page 2-5 need header, but from
6-10pages I'd like to change the header's content, and so on among the 10 to
14 pages etc.

I've heard I should insert section breaks, but Header and Footer application
don't make any different after I insert the section breaks, so now I need
suggestions!

Best regards!
Balint Gy.
Hungary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybalint gybalint is offline

You are magic!

Thank you!

wrote:

Hello!

I'd like to insert header into a document, but only from the 2nd page (I
don't need header at the first page), and I need different header per 4pages.
So I'd like to skip the first page, then the page 2-5 need header, but from
6-10pages I'd like to change the header's content, and so on among the 10 to
14 pages etc.

I've heard I should insert section breaks, but Header and Footer application
don't make any different after I insert the section breaks, so now I need
suggestions!

Best regards!
Balint Gy.
Hungary

page number does not appear xppuser Page Layout 6 October 14th 06 09:28 PM
adding headers and footers to a word document PhilB Microsoft Word Help 12 October 10th 06 07:13 PM
Page number restart Laura79 Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 06 05:53 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page header on first page and sections from copied document Amedee Van Gasse Microsoft Word Help 1 June 8th 05 12:44 PM