Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
csilver csilver is offline

Default Recovering Lost Doc

I worked on a Word file, saved it, and shut down my computer. Then I
rebooted the computer, restarted Word, and found that the file was lost. The
only thing I can think of is that I inadvertently opened two versions of the
file and saved an old one over the newer one. I say this because the file
showed the name filename(2). If this is right, is there any way to retreive
the lost file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you saved the file the file will be where you saved it (and should be the
first item in the recent files list in the Word file menu.)
If you saved over a document of the same name the original document is gone.
If you failed to save there is nothing to recover.