Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
worder worder is offline

Default Formatting all endnotes

I am writing a paper in the turabian style. This requires the use of
endnotes. I used the reference option given by MS Word. However, when I paste
a quote, it sometimes causes the format of the paragraph and font to change
to that of the newly pasted text. I do not want this. So, I select all of the
text and set the format to Clear and then just make it double-spaced.
Unfortunately, this also removes the superscripting from the endnote numbers.
How do I avoid this? Is there a way to permanently set each endnote number to
be superscript? Is there a way to at least select all of those numbers at
once and make them superscript?

Also, does MS Word have a tool that allows the user to more easily add the
endnotes? I am using a fixed number of sources and it would be nice to select
one, insert the page number, and then have the program automatically decide
whether to rewrite it or to use "Ibid."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are a number of workarounds. Don't use Clear Formatting in the first
place, as that applies Normal style. Reapplying Endnote Text style should
take care of the paragraph formatting. If necessary, you can clear font
formatting with Ctrl+Spacebar; just omit selecting the footnote reference
mark. But it's better to avoid the problem in the first place by using the
Paste Options button to select the correct format (or to select it in Word
Options if you have Word 2007) or to use Edit | Paste Special: Unformatted
Text.

http://word.mvps.org

Formatting endnotes pdlb Page Layout 2 May 23rd 09 01:57 PM
Endnotes Formatting shorabali Tables 2 April 21st 09 04:41 PM
Default formatting for endnotes Paul Microsoft Word Help 2 May 27th 08 12:39 AM
Formatting Endnotes Kyle Valdock Microsoft Word Help 0 April 1st 06 07:59 PM
Formatting the Endnotes Style Octavee Uhl Formatting Long Documents 5 March 29th 06 05:58 AM