scroller

Default alert reader to split table

I am formatting a document that contains several tables, and in the end, the
document will be hundreds of pages in length. In many places the tables will
split at the bottom of one page and continue at the top of the following
page. Thanks to other postings in this forum, I have solved the problem of
how to include the word "Continued" in the row repeated at the top of split
tables.

But in the cases where the table does split, I want to alert readers to the
fact that more of the table can be found on the following page. That is,
since some of the tables will simply end at the bottom of a page while others
will be continued on the following page, I want Word to automatically place
the text "continued on next page" immediately following the last line of the
table on page n, before the table continues on page n+1.