Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silverburra Silverburra is offline

Default Backing up stuff

Hi,

I have just got my laptop back with a brand new hard drive, trouble is I
have lost everything as the old hard drive was dead. What I would like to
know is how best to do a regular back up of any new or changed data that is
EASY. I am not a computer wiz!! I have a 4 gig USB stick but can not work out
how to get the back ups that I need. help please.

Silver
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From the Windows Start pane, click on Help and Support and then click on
Performance and maintenance and then click on the "Backing up your data
item". What that will tell you to do is click on the Windows Start, then
All Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools and then click Backup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Silverburra" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just got my laptop back with a brand new hard drive, trouble is I
have lost everything as the old hard drive was dead. What I would like to
know is how best to do a regular back up of any new or changed data that
is
EASY. I am not a computer wiz!! I have a 4 gig USB stick but can not work
out
how to get the back ups that I need. help please.

Silver

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silverburra Silverburra is offline

Thanks Doug,

Is there any way to set this up so it does it on a weekly basis?

Silver

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Windows Start pane, click on Help and Support and then click on
[...]

Creating a macro for backing up matt101 Microsoft Word Help 1 May 22nd 07 08:10 PM
backing up stuff SNAFU Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 07 04:21 AM
Backing up my custom dictionary Charity Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 07 09:57 PM
Backing up Word Sam Lewis New Users 3 June 15th 05 04:45 AM
Backing up Word to disk HELP Whitebear Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 03:56 AM