Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JMH JMH is offline

Default In MS Office 2007, how do I show the filepath name in footer?

Is there an auto-fill button to insert the filepath name in the footer as in
MS Office 2003? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

No there is not. The following alternatives include the full path (omit this
step if you don't want the path)

Double-click in the footer pane to display the Header & Footer Tools Design
contextual tab
In the Insert group, click Quick Parts and then click Field to display the
Field dialog box
In the Field names box, click FileName
Check the Add path to file name check box (you can also set the
capitalization options) (omit this step if don't want path)
Click OK

Alternatively, you can insert in the footer a field (CTRL+F9) that contains
"filename \p" without the quotes (omit \p if don't want path).

"JMH" wrote:

Is there an auto-fill button to insert the filepath name in the footer as in
MS Office 2003? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JMH JMH is offline

Your suggested "fix" did work, but I wish the easy drop-down menu of fast
fill options was still available form the 2003 cersion. Thanks for your help!

"JMH" wrote:

Is there an auto-fill button to insert the filepath name in the footer as in
MS Office 2003? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you use the New Document dialog box and search for "Filename and path"
you should be able to find a template I created for this purpose. Create a
new document based on the template and then follow the instructions provided
to copy them to your copy of Building Blocks.dotx. They will then appear in
your Header and Footer galleries so they can be quickly inserted in any
document.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JMH" wrote:

Is there an auto-fill button to insert the filepath name in the footer as
in
MS Office 2003? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JMH JMH is offline

Thank you! I wish this button did not "go away" in Word 2007, but your
solution may do the trick.